This past weekend, a good friend of ours had a Harry Potter Themed birthday party. Being the little HP nerds that we are, this was great news! This event was going to be the highlight of our week. Costumes were obvious... Liz as Ginny, me as Fleur.
After creating our costumes, and butterbeer drinks (recipe to follow), we set out to meet up with friends. Upon entering the party, panic struck in. It was a completely Legally Blonde moment.. no one else was in a Harry Potter costume. Panic again.
Now I am sure everyone has experienced an extremely awkward party moment where they wish they could have 1. been aware of the theme or 2. realized there really was no theme. But no need to worry anyone because just think of us dressed as Harry Potter characters at a typical house party, you will feel better about yourself. Also, if anything like this does happen to you, take a deep breath, causally take off some character based layers, and refill your cup.
What saved Liz and I from complete humiliation though was the Butter Beer. As people may know, when it comes to themes I like to go all out. So naturally creating a authentic HP drink for this "Harry Potter" themed party was a must. The recipe I found was simple yet delicious. All you need is...
Buttershot- Butterscotch Schnapps
Cream Soda
Simply mix the the two to taste and enjoy a creamy rich drink!

No comments:
Post a Comment